Wednesday, June 25, 2014

First Time...Underwater Photography

First Time...Underwater Photography
        
        I am going to write a blog tomorrow about my week with Gloria. But, I want to share the photographs from my holiday at La Playa del Muerto with Jairo, Jairo's family, and Jair. Playa Del Muerto is located near Santa Marta and is the most tranquil, beautiful beach I have ever visited. We drove to a beach on a bumpy road and then took a small boat to La Playa Del Muerto. Upon arriving, we hung our beach supplies on a tree, made our campsite for the day, and began to build sandcastles and snorkel around the coral in the sea. My holiday at the beach was beyond amazing. As I taught Jair and Jairo to say, "This is the life!"


En el Carro
     We woke up early in the morning so we could be at the beach all day. I was planning on sleeping in the car, but instead I observed the towns we passed alongside the road. Jairo told me interesting information about each town and I was able to see what life outside of the city looks like.


The Beautiful View

Jairo and His Family


Boat Ride to the Beach




Our Home for the Day



Jair with Sofia's Sandcastle


I've always wanted to be a mermaid!




Time to Snorkel!


Presbyterians Go Snorkeling!



I am proud of my photography skills with this photo.





School of Fish


Heading to the bottom to find some treasures of the sea!


Representing Colombia!



I found a fish-snake!
  

There were fish of every size and color!






A long day at the beach led to a siesta on a tree. 

      I spent my holiday with one of my many Colombian families. I experienced a different world, outside of the busy city. We relaxed with no technology and lots of laughter. La Playa Del Muerto treated me well! I am sure some of you are wondering how my Spanish is coming along...I speak more Spanish each day. The people I spend the most time with tell me that my Spanish has vastly improved. Speaking a new language is challenging and there are numerous funny mistakes that are made throughout the day. My new friends want me to practice English with them, so I speak in Spanish and they speak in English. Our days are consumed with two languages and constant laughter! Until next time...hasta manana. 









No comments:

Post a Comment