Tuesday, May 12, 2015

4.....The 4s of Costa Rica

4...The 4s of Costa Rica
(a kind of silly post for y'all)

I have been here almost 4 months.

I only have 4 classes of my once-weekly classes left.

I only have 4 weekends left of my “vacation.”

4x2=8 and I rode the bus for 8 hours last Friday.

I ate 4 American meals last weekend at the beach: 2 hot dogs (Costa Rican style with fresh pineapple relish), an amazing hamburger and fries, and macaroni and cheese (not Kraft, but a delicious off-brand).

4 hours…the amount of time I assumed it would take to travel across the small country of CR and that I have learned is not the truth!

4 minutes…the walk from my house to my bus stop and the walk from my bus stop to UNA.
I go to the gym 4 days a week.

Three of my classes are once a week for 4 hours each time….4 hour classes are not meant for me!

The 4 seasons that I have not experienced here….Costa Rica has two seasons. We have winter and summer or the rainy season and not rainy season.

4 day weekends J I do not have classes on Fridays or Mondays so I have long “vacation” weekends.

4 cardinal directions…in the States I always use a GPS or my dad gives me directions based upon landmarks. While the directions in Costa Rica are given by landmarks, people are always giving directions with the cardinal directions. So, I have become a cardinal direction pro!

Two weekends ago I went to the Enrique Iglesias concert with friends. We had a wonderful time!

Pura Vida Mini Hostel, Tamarindo
If every hostel is like this one, I am MADE for hostel life. The dorm room had air conditioning, the facilities were spotless, and I made some really good friends!

First meal in Tamarindo.....homemade eggrolls and a mango, spinach, and pineapple smoothie.


I was super excited to swim through the entire sunset.

Tamarindo, my new favorite beach.

Always reppin' Queens

How am I so lucky to be in a jungle, a desert (as it feels to me!), and at a beach all at the same time?!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Caitlin,

    As I read each of your blogs I am awed by the scenery, drooling over the food, and thrilled for you to have been able to have such a fantastic experience. I liked your 4's of Costa Rica...I have a 4 for you...after being in the 80's all last week I think we are going down to the 40's tonight...ugh. Typical changeable Ohio weather!

    I bet you are going to really have mixed feelings when your classes end. You will be glad to go home yet miss the "family" you have gotten to know there. I'll be thinking of you and hope you can get through that ok.

    Take care and love,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete